Recipe by Pinay0618
I'm not normally a fan of no-bake cheesecakes, but this one is delicious :) Requires overnight chilling.
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed lemon cream-filled sandwich cookies
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2⁄3 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the cookie crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom of a lightly greased 9-in. springform pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until crust just begins to brown. Cool pan on a wire rack.
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot filling into egg yolks; return all to pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Gently stir in the lemon juice, butter and peel. Cool to room temperature without stirring.
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over lemon juice; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is dissolved.
- Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar. Gradually beat in gelatin mixture until combined. Fold in the whipped cream and lemon peel.
- Spoon three-fourths of cheesecake mixture into crust; build up edges slightly. Chill for 5 minutes. Spoon lemon filling over cheesecake layer to within 1/2 in of edges. Top with remaining cheesecake mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Carefully run a knife around edge of pan; remove sides of pan.
- Refrigerate leftovers.