Recipe by Diana #2
I made these cookies for Stephen and Kelly to sell at their lemonade stand. Gee, how long ago was that now? ;) They were gone in a flash. Tart and sweet, all at the same time. Brings back wonderful memories. (These are slightly different from some others here on Zaar.)
Top Review by didyb
A good cookie. It came out slightly crispy, but still a little soft in the middle. I didn't have a lemon to zest (usually don't), so will use 2 tsp lemon juice next time. I was going to take a picture, but the kids got to the cookies first.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Cream together butter and shortening.
- Add sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Add egg, lemon juice and rind.
- Combine the remain ingredients together and gradually add to the creamed mixture. Blend well.
- Form dough into 1-1/4” balls. Press lightly.
- Bake for 10 - 12 minutes. Sprinkle with sugar and cool.