Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice concentrate
- additional sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Stir together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat sugar and shortening together until fluffy, beat in eggs.
- Stir in dry ingredients then lemon juice; mix well.
- Chill 2 hours.
- Shape into 1 1/4-inch balls; roll in additional sugar.
- Place 2-inches apart on greased baking sheets; flatten.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Makes 8 dozen cookies.
Delicioius! I took another reviewer's advice and added lemon extract as well as lemon juice. I also only made half a batch and they turned out delicious!
These are a really nice cookie, although not really that lemony. They have a great texture! I was looking for an easy lemon cookie/cookie bar recipe that didn't include lemon rind in the recipe. I'd make them again, but with lemon extract.