Recipe by Sam #3
Taken from a Healthy Meals in Minutes card. To freeze dough shape into cylinders (before the roll into 1in balls step) and wrap into heavy plastic wrap or freezer paper, press out as much air as possible. Freeze up to 1 month
- 236.59 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 73.94 ml margarine
- 78.07 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml lemon peel
- 0.13 ml yellow food coloring (optional)
- 59.14 ml lemon juice
- 29.58 ml sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray 2 non-stick cookie sheets with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and baking powder.
- In a med bowl, using an electric mixer, cream margarine and 1/3 cup of sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in lemon peel and food coloring.
- Alternately beat in flour mixture and lemon juice until well blended.
- Shape dough into 1in balls and roll in 2 tbs sugar (if using).
- Place 2in apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Using the tines of a fork, press a crisscross pattern into each cookie.
- Bake until edges are lightly golden, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.