Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Taken from a Healthy Meals in Minutes card. To freeze dough shape into cylinders (before the roll into 1in balls step) and wrap into heavy plastic wrap or freezer paper, press out as much air as possible. Freeze up to 1 month
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 5 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel
- 2 drops yellow food coloring (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray 2 non-stick cookie sheets with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and baking powder.
- In a med bowl, using an electric mixer, cream margarine and 1/3 cup of sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in lemon peel and food coloring.
- Alternately beat in flour mixture and lemon juice until well blended.
- Shape dough into 1in balls and roll in 2 tbs sugar (if using).
- Place 2in apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Using the tines of a fork, press a crisscross pattern into each cookie.
- Bake until edges are lightly golden, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
I'm sorry, these just didn't work for us. I guess we like sweeter cookies.
These little cookies are absolutely delicious! Easy to make too. I measured them in a tablespoon measure and got exactly 23 cookies. If you want them yellow, I think you should double the colouring as mine didn't really change. I don't care though - *tasty*. Made for PRMR and will be making them again. Thanks!
I used lemon peel of 1 lemon. And I used the 2 drops of yellow food coloring. I didn't roll the cookies in sugar. And we liked them that way. I cooked them almost 14 minutes. They are very lemony. Delicious. Thanks Sam. Made for Please Review My Recipe.