Prep 20 mins
Cook 24 hrs
For a variation, you can use orange peel for some of the olives. The cooking time is the marinating time. From "The Art of Spanish Cooking."
- 1 (13 ounce) jar green olives
- 3 lemons (peel only)
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme (crumbled into powder between fingers)
- 1 pinch of powdered fennel
- 1 pinch basil
- Drain jar of martini olives (reserve juice for dirty martinis). Stuff tiny bits of lemon peel into the holes.
- Combine marinade ingredients. Let olives stand in the mixture 24 to 48 hours before serving.