Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Very delectible muffins with a lemony taste and a wonderful streusel to give it a slight sweet taste atop. Wonderful with your morning or mid-morning or anytime coffe or tea. And when no one's looking ...a snack!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 salt
- 1 (8 ounce) container lemon yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest, grated
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup blueberries or 1 cup red raspberries (fresh or frozen thawed)
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- Preheat the oven to 400*.
- Grease or paper line medium sized muffin cups or mini- cups.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt.
- Mix well.
- In a large bowl, combine yogurt, oil, lemon zest and the eggs.
- mix well.
- Add dry ingredients but stir only until it is moistened.
- Gently fold in the fruit.
- Fill prepared muffin tin three-fourths full with batter.
- Topping: Combine sugar,flour and butter and mix until crumbly.
- Sprinkle this over the batter.
- Bake for 12 to 13 min.
- for mini muffins and 20 min.
- for medium sized muffins.
- Cool for 5 min.
- then remove them from their pans (12 muffins or 24 mini) Variation for the muffins: eliminate the fruit and add 14 c.
- popy seeds or 1 c.
- finely chopped pecans.
I just baked these muffins today and let me tell you: they're amazing!My kids loved them! I didn't have fresh or frozen raspberries so I used raspberry jelly instead, just a dollop inside the batter, and they turned out beautiful!
add some cinnamon to this 1/2 teaspoon
Very good! I used 1/4 cup oil and 1/4 cup apple sauce and about 1/2 cup walnuts as I have so many of them. I was lazy and had a container of cinnamon sugar handy so I sprinkled that on them instead of streusel. They rose nicely. They were enjoyed by all.