Prep 30 mins
Cook 28 mins
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°; line 12- cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- Topping-in a small bowl, combine flour, sugar, and lemon zest; mix in butter until streusel is crumbly; refrigerate until ready to use.
- Muffins-in a big bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together sugar, eggs, oil, and vanilla until well blended.
- Whisk in milk, lemon zest, and lemon juice until blended.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just blended.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups; sprinkle with topping.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until tops are golden and a pick comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan on wire rack for 3 minutes, then transfer muffins to wire rack to cool.
- Serve these delicately flavored muffins with a cup of hot tea.