Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
These unique lemon bars have a creamy filling made with condensed milk, sandwiched between a sweet, crumbly streusel. The recipe is from a Pampered Chef cookbook created especially for their stoneware collection. If you don’t have a stoneware baking dish of the correct size, I’m sure a regular pan would be just fine. The bars might require less baking time, though.
- 396.89 g can sweetened condensed milk
- 9.85 ml freshly grated lemon zest
- 118.29 ml fresh lemon juice
Crust and Streusel
- 177.44 ml butter, softened
- 236.59 ml brown sugar, firmly packed
- 473.18 ml flour
- 354.88 ml rolled oats
- Combine filling ingredients until fully blended.
- Blend butter and brown sugar together, add flour and oats, and mix with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Reserve 2 cups streusel and press remaining streusel onto bottom of sprayed 9-inch baking pan.
- Spread filling over crust, sprinkle with reserved streusel, and pat streusel gently into filling.
- Bake 30-35 minutes at 350° or until light golden brown, and cool completely before cutting into bars.
I made these to give to a friend. After one bite, she asked where I got the recipe and I said "Recipezaar". She said "SIX STARS!!!". She said that she liked these even more than the other lemon bars I've made in the past. My friend thought that there were nuts in the bars. I think that it was because of the oatmeal (I used regular oatmeal, not instant). I did taste the filling and it was delicious! I made this as directed and it was easily put together. I will make these again but next time I think that I'll skp using the pastry blender and just use the spoon used to mix the butter and brown sugar together (less things to cleanup). Thank you so much for posting this recipe!
These turned out really good, I'm just bummed that they are almost 300 calories each. I could eat them all day! They got a thumbs up in our household
I need to change my original rating of 4 stars. This deserved 5 stars! I plan to make these again.