Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Beautiful to look at and delicious to eat! Lemon and strawberry jello layered with pound cake, fresh strawberries and whipped topping make for a very easy colorful dessert. Gelatin flavors can be varied to coordinate with special holidays. For fewer calories, use 2 pkgs each of (.3oz) sugar free jello and reduced fat whipped topping. Cook time is chilling time required.
- In separate bowls, stir 2 c boiling water into each flavor of jello until completely dissolved.
- Stir 1 c cold water into each bowl.
- Pour into separate 9" square pans and refrigerate 3 hours or until firm.
- Cut into 3/4" cubes.
- Place lemon cubes in trifle bowl, then layer with cake cubes, strawberries and whipped topping.
- Cover with strawberry jello cubes.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until serving.
- Garnish with additional topping and strawberries for decoration.
This was delicious and very easy to put together. I used sugar free jello and cubed madiera cake (as we cannot buy pound cake here and I was too lazy to make any) I also used real whipped cream. As there are only two of us I was also able to cut the recipe in half quite successfully with no problems. Ihis is something I will make again. Thanks very much!