Recipe by Marie
Beautiful to look at and delicious to eat! Lemon and strawberry jello layered with pound cake, fresh strawberries and whipped topping make for a very easy colorful dessert. Gelatin flavors can be varied to coordinate with special holidays. For fewer calories, use 2 pkgs each of (.3oz) sugar free jello and reduced fat whipped topping. Cook time is chilling time required.
Top Review by MarieRynr
This was delicious and very easy to put together. I used sugar free jello and cubed madiera cake (as we cannot buy pound cake here and I was too lazy to make any) I also used real whipped cream. As there are only two of us I was also able to cut the recipe in half quite successfully with no problems. Ihis is something I will make again. Thanks very much!
- 4 cups boiling water, divided
- 1 (6 ounce) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 1 (6 ounce) package lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 2 cups cold water, divided
- 4 cups cubed poundcake
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 cups whipped topping
Directions See How It's Made
- In separate bowls, stir 2 c boiling water into each flavor of jello until completely dissolved.
- Stir 1 c cold water into each bowl.
- Pour into separate 9" square pans and refrigerate 3 hours or until firm.
- Cut into 3/4" cubes.
- Place lemon cubes in trifle bowl, then layer with cake cubes, strawberries and whipped topping.
- Cover with strawberry jello cubes.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until serving.
- Garnish with additional topping and strawberries for decoration.