Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a simple dessert that looks like you slaved forever! The flavors together make a great combo. I make the sauce way ahead and keep it in the fridge as it needs to chill.
- 1 (12 ounce) prepared poundcake
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant lemon pudding
- 2 cups cold milk
- 15 -20 nice fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen strawberries, thawed
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Place frozen berries in food processor or blender and cover.
- Process until smooth.
- Combine corn starch and small amount of pureed berries in a medium saucepan.
- Add remaining pureed berries.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat stirring constantly.
- Boil 1 minute and remove from heat.
- Chill at least 2-3 hours.
- Slice pound cake horizontally into 5 equal slices.
- Cut each layer into 2 star shapes using large star cookie cutter.
- (Reserve cake scraps for another use or snacks- they are great in a parfait glass with any leftover pudding and sauce).
- Whisk pudding mix into milk as directed on package.
- To serve on each of 5 dessert plates, place 1 star.
- Top those stars with 1/2 of the sliced berries, I usually try to use the points of the berries in the points of the stars and not to cover the stars completely otherwise you cant see that they are stars.
- Using 1/2 of the pudding, divide it amongst the 5 stars and drop a spoonful on top of each.
- Repeat with the remaining stars, berries and pudding, slightly off centering the second star off the first one on each plate.
- Drizzle the pureed sauce on the plate and slightly over the top of the stars.
- Serve immediately.
This has got to be one of the best desserts i have ever tried in my life! I loved it so much. This is a must on my list of foods to cook again. : p