Recipe by - Momma Loon
The best strawberry cheesecake on earth. I eat a lot of cheesecake and this is good!
- 2 cups graham crackers
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 lbs cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup currant jelly
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 pints fresh strawberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Ground graham crackers. Melt butter. Then mix butter and crackers together with a spoon.
- Press into bottom and sides of a 10-inch springform pan. Bake 5 minutes and remove.
- Put cream cheese into blender and blend with low speed until smooth. Keep blending at low speed and add one after another: eggs, sugar, lemon zest (grated) and vanilla. Blend until the whole mixture is fluffy.
- Pour into crust in the springform pan and bake about 1 hour until center is set. Let cool down and put in refrigerator to chill for at least 4 hours.
- Combine 2 tablespoons sugar, currant jelly and water in a small pot. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 3 minutes. Let cool down.
- Lemon Strawberry Cheesecake.
- Remove sides of cake pan and place on serving plate. Arrange strawberries in an even layer, cut-side down, over top of cake. Dab the strawberries with glaze and store cake in the refrigerator.
- After about 3 hours your cheesecake is ready for eating!