Recipe by HopeJohnJP
I needed something summery for a Fourth of July picnic with a vegan friend. This did the trick!
- 1⁄2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb fresh green beans
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Zest or finely julienne the peel of the lemon, being sure to avoid the bitter white pith. Mix with 1 T. fresh lemon juice and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan or steamer pot, mix remaining lemon juice, salt, and sufficient water for steaming and bring to a boil. Place beans in a steamer basket, lower into the pan, and cover. Reduce heat and simmer until the beans are bite tender.
- Remove beans from steamer, draining if needed. Toss with reserved zest and add salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm or cold.