Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
This is Chef Sanjeev Kapoor's recipe! My bro. loves it!
- 4 fish fillets, cleaned and washed
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 inch ginger, washed, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and washed
- 2 spring onions, washed and trimmed
- 1 cup celery, washed and diced into small pieces
- 1 lemon, washed and sliced into roundels
- 10 -12 black peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- Marinate the fish fillets with 1 tsp lemon juice and salt to taste.
- Set aside.
- Cut spring onion into round slices.
- Separate onion rings.
- Mix ginger, garlic, peppercorns, celery, spring onion roundels, bay leaves, lemon slices, salt and half a cup of water.
- Soak fish slices in this marinade.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Transfer fish slices into an oven-proof dish.
- Pour the marinade over this.
- Cover with a tight-fitting lid or aluminium foil.
- Cook in a pre-heated oven at 220C for 12-15 minutes until the fish slices are just cooked.
- If you don't have an oven, cook the fish in a steam pot for 10-12 minutes.
- Serve hot, garnished with shredded cabbage, tomato and bell pepper!