Prep 40 mins
Cook 42 mins
- 125 g butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemons, zest of
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- boiling water (to mix)
- silver cachous (to decorate)
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and lemon zest.
- Beat well.
- Sift flour.
- Stir into creamed mixture, mixing to a soft dough.
- Shape dough into a ball.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll dough out on a floured surface to a thickness of 5mm.
- Using a star shaped cutter, stamp out shapes.
- Place on greased oven trays.
- Bake at 180C degrees for 12 minutes until lightly golden.
- Cool on wire racks.
- Sift icing sugar in a bowl.
- Mix in butter and lemon juice.
- Add just enough water to achieve a spreadable consistency.
- When biscuits are cold, spread with lemon icing and decorate with the cachous.