Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This fancy dessert takes just a few minutes to put together. It reminds me of an English dessert.
- 236.59 ml blueberries
- 44.37 ml powdered sugar
- 29.58 ml water
- 2.46 ml grated lemon zest
- 177.48 ml bottled lemon curd
- 12 slice poundcake, thin slices (Sara Lee works great)
- In saucepan, over high heat, cook all sauce ingredients 2 minutes, or until thickened.
- Spread 1 tablespoon lemon curd over 1 side of the 12 pound cake slices.
- Sandwich (stack) three slices together and dust with extra powdered sugar.
- Serve with blueberry sauce.
This is an incredibly delicious dessert, and one that makes a nice presentation for company. Thanks Cricket! Roxygirl
OOOH this is sooo wonderful & sooo easy!!! And it can be redone with any fruit! Just a quick hint...when spreading the curd on the end pieces, spread on the OUTSIDE so you can lay the flat cut side on the plate & it won't topple over, lol. everybody loved this - even THE PICKY ONE who claims to not like lemon. ;) I made this for PAC 9/06. Thanks, Cricket*!