Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is from Coup de Pouce, is healthy, no sugar added, only 90 calories per square. See note on bottom of recipe.
- 59.14 ml butter, softened
- 118.29 ml Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 eggs
- 118.29 ml unsweetened creamy applesauce
- 29.58 ml lemon zest
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 0.13 ml yellow food coloring (obtional)
- 236.59 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
Cream Cheese Icing
- 118.29 ml light cream cheese
- 4.92 ml Splenda sugar substitute
- 2.46 ml lemon zest
- Cake: In a bowl, with a mixer, beat butter until light. Add splenda and eggs, and beat for 1 minute. Add applesauce, lemon zest, vanilla and yellow food coloring and beat until mixture is homogeneous.
- In a bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, folding delicately. Spread the dough in a greased 8 inches square pan. Cook in center of a preheated oven of 350 F for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Put the pan on a rack and let cool.
- Icing: In a bowl, with a mixer (clean), beat cream cheese and splenda until creamy. Add lemon zest while beating. Spread the icing on the cold cake. Cut in 16 squares.
- Notes : you can add 2 tablespoon of ground flax seeds. This recipe can be doubled and put in freezer (without icing).
These are a lovely little snack bar that doesn't taste low calorie. Easy to make and they keep well, but since they are tasty, they didn't last long! Made for Basement tag game.