1/5 Photos of Lemon Squares With Candied Ginger
Elly in Canada's Note:
A family favourite, we all love lemon squares these are extra yummy! Source: an old newspaper clipping, from ????
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
LEMON GINGER TOPPING
- 2In medium bowl or food processor combine flour and sugar. Cut in butter until mixture starts to hold together.
- 3Press mixture into bottom of 8 or 9 inch square baking dish lined with parchment paper or make sure it is well buttered.
- 4Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- 5Set aside to cool slightly.
- 7In a medium bowl, beat eggs with sugar until light and creamy.
- 8Mix flour with baking powder and stir into egg mixture.
- 9Add lemon peel and juice,coconut and ginger, stir well.
- 10Pour topping mixture over baked crust, bake for 20 minutes in 350 degree oven until just set.
- 11Cool on rack. Cut into squares. Dust with icing sugar, if desired.
- 12This will yield approximately 25 squares,depending on how you cut them.
- 13Serve and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Squares With Candied Ginger
Serving Size: 1 (35 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 25
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 112.3
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 26.6 mg
- Sodium 43.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 1.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: