1/3 Photos of Lemon Squares/Lemon Bar Cookies
Wonderful bar-like cookies that form a crunchy layer on the bottom and a chewy layer on top. They are delicious! They were originally called "Lemon Cheese Squares" tho I can't fathom why considering the fact that there's no cheese in the recipe! I found this in the cookbook "Private Collections: A Culinary Treasure". Miss Hortense Reit is the recipe's author. If you like lemon, you'll LOVE this! Yum!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F. Blend the butter, flour, powdered sugar and lemon peel.
- 2Spread in a 9 X 9 inch UNGREASED pan.
- 3Bake for 10 minutes.
- 4Combine the rest of the ingredients, (not the powdered sugar), and pour over the baked mixture.
- 5Bake an additional 30 minutes.
- 6Sprinkle powdered sugar of the top when out of the oven.
- 7Loosen the sides with the sharp point of a knife.
- 8Let the cake cool and then cut it into squares.
- 9These can be refrigerated, but should be removed about 1/2 hour before serving to bring to room temperature.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Squares/Lemon Bar Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (40 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 151.1
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 41.6 mg
- Sodium 86.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 15.1 g
- Protein 1.7 g