Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 mins
Deliciously light square with sweetness and tardness combined.
- 4 cups Rice Krispies
- 1⁄3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) package lemon flavor instant pudding and pie filling
- 2 cups whipped topping or 2 cups frozen whipped topping, if using frozen make sure to thaw it first
- Lightly crush cereal to 2 cups.
- Combine with brown sugar and butter, mixing well.
- Reserve 1/4 cup cereal crumbs.
- Press remainder evenly into parchment paper-lined 7 x 11 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for 7-8 minutes and cool.
- Prepare lemon pie filling according to package directions.
- Pour all but 1 cup filling onto crust and cool 1 cup filling.
- Whisk or beat 30-60 seconds until smooth, gently fold in whipped cream topping.
- Spread over first layer, sprinkle with reserved crumbs.
- Chill about 3-4 hours.