Recipe by Pepina Rae
These are simply scrumptious! A litt dollup of whipped cream on top is delicious.
Top Review by barbara.ashworth
Oh my Gosh these were the best ever. I made these for a scrapbooking get together and they were gone in a flash. Great Lomon flavor. I will make these again and again and again.
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 6 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 3⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- additional powdered sugar (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Coat 15 1/2-by-10 1/2-inch jellyroll pan with vegetable oil spray.
- In food processor, combine 2 1/4 cups flour, 1/2 cup powdered sugar and butter. Pulse to combine ingredients until mixture resembles fine crumbs. This also can be done by hand using a pastry blender.
- Press mixture evenly onto bottom and up sides of prepared pan.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Remove crust from oven and increase temperature to 350 degrees.
- In medium bowl, slightly beat the eggs and add lemon zest and juice.
- In separate bowl, combine granulated sugar, 6 tablespoons flour, and baking powder and then stir into egg mixture.
- Pour mixture over the baked crust and return to oven.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until center springs back when touched.
- Let cool 15 minutes.
- Put additional powdered sugar in sieve and sprinkle over top of bars.
- Cut into squares when completely cool.