I grew up with this recipe. It is very reliable - I have never had the "upside down" effect with this recipe, where the filling sinks to the bottom and the crust rises to the top.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Combine the first four ingredients (coconut, 1 cup of flour, 2 tablespoons sugar and salt) in a large bowl.
- 3Cut in - using a pastry cutter or large fork - the butter or margarine until the mixture is crumbly.
- 4Gather the particles and, with lightly floured fingers, press evenly and firmly over the bottom and 3/4 of the way up the sides of a 9"x9" pan (pyrex works best).
- 5Bake until golden, about 20 minutes.
- 6Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- 7Pour over crust and continue to bake until set - approximately 20 minutes. Cool in pan on rack, and sprinkle with confectioners sugar once cool.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Squares
Serving Size: 1 (686 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 164.4
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 41.6 mg
- Sodium 101.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 13.6 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of