Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Here is a recipe from my grandmothers cookbook (1930's).
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups sugar
- fresh lemon rind, grated
- 6 tablespoons flour
- Preheat oven and lightly grease a 13 x 9 inch pan.
- Mix together butter, powdered sugar, 2 cups flour and salt.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Mix together eggs, lemon juice, sugar, lemon rind and 6 Tbsp flour and pour over the first part.
- Bake for 25 additional minutes.
I made this last night, it was good but needed more lemon and less crust! next time I will double the lemon mix. and I added powdered sugar on top.
Just like grandma used to make. Thanks!
Very Good!! I added 1 tsp baking powder to the lemon filling mix. Baked at 350 degrees. I also sprinkled powdered sugar on top after they finished baking.