If you love lemon the way our family does you will love these lemon squares! Just the slightest hint of coconut in the bottom layers gives it just the right touch. Lemony delicious layer completes the top! Hmmmmm! So delicious you won't be able to stop at just one!
- Preheat oven to 350°F degrees.
- Butter 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- In food processor combine 2 cups flour, butter pieces, 1/2 cup powdered sugar and the coconut.
- Process until moist clumps form.
- Press onto the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Bake about 20 minutes, until edges are golden.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 2 cups sugar, eggs, lemon juice, baking powder and the remaining 1/4 cup flour until well blended.
- Pour over hot crust.
- Bake until topping is set and light brown, about 25 minutes.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack.
- Cut into squares and dust tops with powdered sugar.
- Can be made 1 day ahead.
- Cover with plastic wrap.
- Makes 36 squares.