Prep 10 mins
Cook 33 mins
This is another recipe from a card I found. I haven't made it but I liked the sound of it because it doesn't call for lemon rind. I don't usually have fresh lemons on hand.Bake time includes seperate time to bake crust.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- sliced almonds (optional)
- powdered sugar, sifted
- seedless red raspberry preserves (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- In medium bowl, combine 1 1/2 cup flour, and 1/4 cup sugar.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press onto bottom of 8x8 pan.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or til edges are browned.
- In medium bowl, combine eggs, remaining 3/4 cup sugar, lemon juice, 2 Tbsp flour, and baking powder.
- Pour over hot crust.
- Sprinkle with almonds, if desired.
- Bake 18-20 minutes more or til set.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Drizzle with melted preserves, if desired.
I only had a bite but they were wonderful. Love these things, my sister makes them at Christmas or a similiar recipe that is.