Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
From the 1961 "Lutheran Favorites" of St. James Lutheran Church, Howard Lake, Minnesota. Submitted by Mrs. Elroy Diers, Mrs. Walter Krohn, and Mrs. Lorenz Rosin.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Mix together crust ingredients and pat into 8 inch square pan and bake 20 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
- Mix together middle ingredients and pour onto the baked crust.
- Return to oven and bake 25 minutes, the let cool.
- Then mix icing ingredients together and spread over top of bars.