Recipe by Bec
From the 1961 "Lutheran Favorites" of St. James Lutheran Church, Howard Lake, Minnesota. Submitted by Mrs. Elroy Diers, Mrs. Walter Krohn, and Mrs. Lorenz Rosin.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together crust ingredients and pat into 8 inch square pan and bake 20 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
- Mix together middle ingredients and pour onto the baked crust.
- Return to oven and bake 25 minutes, the let cool.
- Then mix icing ingredients together and spread over top of bars.