Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Tangy lemon and garlic coated Sprouts. My favourite way of serving them.
- 250 -500 g Brussels sprouts
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 -2 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 -2 clove garlic, crushed
- Cook sprouts, either steamed, boiled or microwaved, until just tender.
- Mix altogether the lemon juice, rind, garlic and melted butter.
- Pour over sprouts and stir to coat.
- Serve and enjoy.
What a delightful way to serve sprouts. My son who almost chokes at the thought of eating sprouts thinks that this is a terrific way to eat them. I used 3 cloves of garlic. In addtion, I sprinkled freshly cracked black pepper over them. Thank you Jenny. You gave me another way to enjoy eating my yummy sprouts.
Great and certainly a different way to ccok and serve Sprouts. I followed the recipe exactly using fresh Sprouts. Next time I will cut the juice to 1 reaspoon, only for me, but then on the otherhand DS commented on the wonderful flavours of the lemon. I par steamed the Sprouts and then finished them with a light roasting in the oven, before adding the the lemon mix. These were just fantastic Jen. I will be certainly making this recipe again. Thanks Jen.
My husband and I loved this recipe. We didn't have a lemon so we used bottled lemon juice and doubled the amount. We also sauted some chopped onion to add a little more flavor. Thanks for the great recipe!