Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a tasty spread to add to toast, muffins, scones
- Grate only the yellow parts of the lemons (avoid white part as it is bitter).
- Strain the juice.
- Beat eggs a little.
- Put all ingredients into a double saucepan or put it in a basin and stand in hot water.
- Cook slowly until thick and smooth.
- Put into hot jars and cover when cold.
- Store in refrigerator.
- Guaranteed not to last long.
A great filling for little tartlets or with dessert. Something we learned how to make at primary school in New Zealand because it was failsafe and tasted fantastic.