Recipe by Derf
Nummy with a raspberry sauce, Light custardy pudding.
Top Review by COOKGIRl
This pudding was the perfect consistency for one of my recipes requiring homemade lemon pudding: (Recipe #138032). Easy to make and simple directions to follow. I skipped the raspberry sauce for obvious reasons. Thank you.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons grated fresh lemon rind
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 (385 ml) can 2% evaporated milk
- 3 egg whites
- 1 (425 g) package frozen raspberries
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar, flour and salt in large bowl.
- Stir in lemon rind, lemon juice, egg yolks and evaporated milk.
- Beat egg whites in a small bowl until stiff peaks form.
- Fold into lemon mixture.
- Pour into lightly greased 8 cup baking dish.
- Place dish in larger pan and fill with hot water to 1 inch depth.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes, or until top is set and golden brown.
- Serve warm with raspberry sauce.
- Press raspberries through sieve to remove seeds and puree berries.
- Combine raspberry puree and corn starch in a small saucepan.
- Cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens.
- Spoon warm sauce over individual servings of pudding.