Prep 12 mins
Cook 8 mins
Healthy, quick, low calorie/low fat meal I saw in Cooking Light Magazine dated September 2010. It looked so pretty, I had to try it tonight and it tasted really good and was quite filling! Add the other ingredients that I didn't to fit your family's tastes. Enjoy!
- 8 cups water
- 2⁄3 cup cork screw pasta (I used Ronzoni Smart Taste)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Bring 8 cups water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add pasta to pan; cook 5 minutes or until almost tender.
- Add shrimp, cook 3 minutes or until done.
- Drain. Rinse with cold water; drain well.
- Combine pasta mixture, tomatoes, and remaining ingredients; toss well.
- Original recipe said you could also add:.
- 3/4 cup sliced celery.
- 1/2 cup chopped avocado.
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded poblano pepper.
- I didn't due to my family's taste and instead sauteed a zucchini squash in a bit of EVOO, drained over cool water and tossed with the other ingredients.