Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Purchase peeled and deveined shrimp to save prep time. Chop, measure, and prepare remaining ingredients while the pasta water comes to a boil. Chock-full of colorful ingredients, this makes a summery one-dish meal.
- 8 cups water
- 2⁄3 cup uncooked rotini pasta (corkscrew pasta)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 3⁄4 cup sliced celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped avocado
- 1⁄2 cup chopped seeded poblano pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Bring 8 cups water to a boil in a large saucepan.
- Add pasta to pan; cook 5 minutes or until almost tender.
- Add shrimp to pan; cook 3 minutes or until done.
- Rinse with cold water; drain well.
- Combine pasta mixture, tomatoes, celery, avocado, poblano, cilantro, rind, juice, olive oil, and salt in a bowl and toss well.