1/1 Photo of Lemon & Spinach Stuffed Basil Chicken Breasts
Mims & Squims's Note:
I never trusted spinach---it was green, and it looked like it would kill me. But this recipe changed all that!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 slices lemons, thin & quartered
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2/3 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1Cut deep pocket in side of each chicken breast. Be careful not to pierce top and bottom.
- 2Place 2 quarters of the lemon slice, and a fourth of the basil and spinach in pocket of each breast.
- 3Thread wooden toothpicks along the side to close the chicken. Sprinkle with lemon pepper.
- 4Heat oven to 200°F.
- 5Heat oil in skillet over medium heat.
- 6Add chicken to skillet & cook on each side until golden brown (3-5 minutes per side).
- 7Add vinegar & broth, and bring to boil. reduce heat & simmer for 5 minutes, or until cooked through.
- 8Remove breasts from skillet and place in baking dish in oven to keep warm.
- 9Continue cooking sauce until reduced to a thick syrup. Add salt & pepper.
- 10Remove chicken from oven and place on individual plates. Spoon sauce over each & serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon & Spinach Stuffed Basil Chicken Breasts
Serving Size: 1 (240 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 250.1
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 98.6 mg
- Sodium 777.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 39.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: