Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
I never trusted spinach---it was green, and it looked like it would kill me. But this recipe changed all that!
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 slices lemons, thin & quartered
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2⁄3 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- Cut deep pocket in side of each chicken breast. Be careful not to pierce top and bottom.
- Place 2 quarters of the lemon slice, and a fourth of the basil and spinach in pocket of each breast.
- Thread wooden toothpicks along the side to close the chicken. Sprinkle with lemon pepper.
- Heat oven to 200°F.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken to skillet & cook on each side until golden brown (3-5 minutes per side).
- Add vinegar & broth, and bring to boil. reduce heat & simmer for 5 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Remove breasts from skillet and place in baking dish in oven to keep warm.
- Continue cooking sauce until reduced to a thick syrup. Add salt & pepper.
- Remove chicken from oven and place on individual plates. Spoon sauce over each & serve.