Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is from Real Simple. I love chickpeas with spinach!
- 1 (10 ounce) bag fresh spinach, washed
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas
- pita bread
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chickpeas and cook about 2 minutes.
- Add the spinach in batches, stirring until just wilted.
- Sprinkle the salt and lemon juice over the spinach mixture and stir once more. Serve warm with toasted pita.
Yum! I added the lemon zest as well and a clove of garlic, minced. Fast, tasty and nutritious.