Recipe by Sarah_Jayne
Another healthy looking recipe I have collected and intend to try. I am eating a lot of beans and pulses these days and another way to use chickpeas is never a bad thing. I collected this recipe from the February 2008 copy of the BBC Good Food Magazine. The recipe says that it is suitable for freezing.
Top Review by scwheeler24
This dish was really tasty, and like cluich said, it is better the next day. I will probably use chix thighs in this recipe, I think it will enhance the flavors because I do think with the breasts it lacked a little. That's why the 4 stars.
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken in half
- 1 teaspoon ground cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 7 fluid ounces chicken stock
- 8 ounces spinach
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan.
- Fry the onion gently for five minutes.
- Turn up the heat and add the chicken.
- Fry for about 3 minutes until golden.
- Stir in the spices and the lemon zest and fry for 1 more minute.
- Tip in the chickpeas and stock.
- Put the lid on and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Season to taste and then tip in spinach and re-cover.
- Leave the spinach to wilt for 2 minutes and then stir through.
- Squeeze over the lemon juice just before serving.