Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Another healthy looking recipe I have collected and intend to try. I am eating a lot of beans and pulses these days and another way to use chickpeas is never a bad thing. I collected this recipe from the February 2008 copy of the BBC Good Food Magazine. The recipe says that it is suitable for freezing.
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken in half
- 1 teaspoon ground cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 7 fluid ounces chicken stock
- 8 ounces spinach
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan.
- Fry the onion gently for five minutes.
- Turn up the heat and add the chicken.
- Fry for about 3 minutes until golden.
- Stir in the spices and the lemon zest and fry for 1 more minute.
- Tip in the chickpeas and stock.
- Put the lid on and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Season to taste and then tip in spinach and re-cover.
- Leave the spinach to wilt for 2 minutes and then stir through.
- Squeeze over the lemon juice just before serving.