Another healthy looking recipe I have collected and intend to try. I am eating a lot of beans and pulses these days and another way to use chickpeas is never a bad thing. I collected this recipe from the February 2008 copy of the BBC Good Food Magazine. The recipe says that it is suitable for freezing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken in half
- 1 teaspoon ground cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 7 fluid ounces chicken stock
- 8 ounces spinach
- 1Heat the oil in a large frying pan.
- 2Fry the onion gently for five minutes.
- 3Turn up the heat and add the chicken.
- 4Fry for about 3 minutes until golden.
- 5Stir in the spices and the lemon zest and fry for 1 more minute.
- 6Tip in the chickpeas and stock.
- 7Put the lid on and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 8Season to taste and then tip in spinach and re-cover.
- 9Leave the spinach to wilt for 2 minutes and then stir through.
- 10Squeeze over the lemon juice just before serving.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon-Spiced Chicken With Chickpeas
Serving Size: 1 (377 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 334.7
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 70.0 mg
- Sodium 516.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 35.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: