Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A simple side dish for chicken or fish, or a main dish for vegetarians.
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh basil leaf
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender, about 8 minutes. Meanwhile, whisk the oil, Parmesan, and lemon juice in a large bowl to blend.
- Drain the pasta, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid. Toss the pasta with the lemon sauce, and the reserved cooking liquid, adding 1/4 cup at a time as needed to moisten. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with lemon zest and chopped basil.
I have made this several times and have always enjoyed it. It absolutely goes better with chicken or seafood than with beef or pork. It is fantastic with shrimp, especially grilled! It's a perfect example of simple goodness- simple ingredients, simple preparation, and a very good dish. Tangy, salty, smoky from the cheese.....YUM!
I love this recipe. It's perfect for summer because it's so light & tastes so fresh. Sometimes I'll throw in some leftover chicken or shrimp. I've also made up the sauce & given it to a friend of mine who had just had a baby & she was much appreciative.
I just made this and it's delicious! I winged mine a little bit to reduce the portion size, but next time I think I might just make the whole box of fettuccine so I can have some more tomorrow. This is a perfect weeknight dinner - quick, easy, and delicious. Thanks for such a flavorful recipe!