Recipe by Miss Lala
A simple side dish for chicken or fish, or a main dish for vegetarians.
Top Review by Teresa in CO
I have made this several times and have always enjoyed it. It absolutely goes better with chicken or seafood than with beef or pork. It is fantastic with shrimp, especially grilled! It's a perfect example of simple goodness- simple ingredients, simple preparation, and a very good dish. Tangy, salty, smoky from the cheese.....YUM!
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh basil leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender, about 8 minutes. Meanwhile, whisk the oil, Parmesan, and lemon juice in a large bowl to blend.
- Drain the pasta, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid. Toss the pasta with the lemon sauce, and the reserved cooking liquid, adding 1/4 cup at a time as needed to moisten. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with lemon zest and chopped basil.