Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
NOTE: The sauce can be prepared up to 8 hours in advance, in which case it will need to be refrigerated. Then bring it to room temperature before using it.
- 1 lb spaghetti, dried
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, fresh, grated
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice, fresh
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄3 cup basil, fresh, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, grated
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Set aside. (If you choose to prepare the sauce in advance, see my note above.).
- Boil enough water in a large pot and add salt.
- Add the spaghetti and cook for 7 - 8 minutes or until pasta is tender, but still firm to the bite.
- Drain spaghetti, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Add spaghetti to the lemon sauce and toss lightly, making sure the spaghetti is coated well with the sauce.
- Add the basil and lemon zest and toss again.
- Toss pasta with with enough reserved cooking liquid (1/4 cup at a time) to moisten it.
- Season with more salt and pepper to taste.
Another marvelous non-tomato pasta recipe. I really loved the lemon a lot and in a smaller portion it was a perfect side for tonights baked fish. I did trim the amount of oil used and it didn't seem to hurt it any. This will be made again :D. Made for Pick A Chef, Spring 2913. Galley Devil, you've been a great adoptee.