This recipe came from Giada de Laurentis on the Food Network. I saw her make this and I was amazed at how simple it was! It's like being a gourmet cook yet fooling everyone--!!! Tastes so light and fresh, but yet so satisfying for those pasta cravings we sometimes get! Very Italian...Yum!
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling, salted water according to package directions (until al-dente') Stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk the olive oil, Parmesan cheese and lemon juice in a large bowl.
- Drain the pasta, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Toss the pasta with the lemon sauce, and add the reserved cooking liquid and toss again. (Adding 1/4 cup at a time as needed to moisten.).
- Season with the salt & pepper. Garnish with lemon zest and chopped basil.