For those looking for healthy soy recipes, and fans of lemon desserts - that would be just about everybody, no?
- In a large pot (or plastic container if you want to make it in the microwave, which works very well) mix the cornstarch, the grated lemon zest, salt and sugar.
- Slowly mix in enough soymilk to make a smooth paste.
- Then mix in the rest, keeping it smooth.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Stir in as much lemon juice as you like- I recommend 2 large ones but it may be more or less according to taste and how juicy the lemons are.
- If making in the microwave, microwave on high for 2 or 3 minutes at a time, stirring well in between times, until thickened and then add the lemon juice.
- If you object to bits of lemon zest it should be strained before you chill it.
- Anyone who likes lemon desserts goes nuts for this.
Marvelous! We had a 2 liter carton of soymilk to use up and more than enough lemons. The grater and I had a royal argument so I gave up on the lemon zest and just added extra lemon juice, and that worked out fine! Cut the sugar by half a cup and got a nice, silky pudding. Thank you so much for the recipe! :)
WOw so tasty. I used half regular and half vanilla soy milk because that's what I had. VERY easy. Serve with fresh fruit or has a filling between two layers of lemon cake.
Love this recipe!! SO easy and tasty - yum!