1/5 Photos of Lemon Soy Swordfish With Avocado Butter
1 hr 10 mins
This is an excellent and very flavorful recipe adapted from "The California Heritage Cookbook". I've never had anyone not like it. Any steaky fish should work. The avocado butter is a marvelous accompaniment for any barbecued fish, especially swordfish or salmon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup salad oil
- 8 small swordfish steaks or 4 large swordfish steaks, cut in half
- lemon wedge, to serve
- parsley sprig, to serve
- 2Combine first 6 ingredients in a large ziploc bag. Add swordfish steaks. Refrigerate for 1-3 hours, turning a few times.
- 3To cook, place fish on a preheated broiler pan. Broil 5-6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- 4You may also barbeque this. If you do brush it with the marinade often.
- 5Serve hot with avocado butter, lemon wedges and fresh parsley sprigs.
- 6Avocado Butter:.
- 7In a small mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer until soft and creamy. Beat in remaining ingredients.
- 8Place in a decorative dish and refrigerate until firm and ready to use. A melon baller works great to scoop out balls to place on the hot fish.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Soy Swordfish With Avocado Butter
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 445.4
- Calories from Fat 319
- Total Fat 35.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 120.2 mg
- Sodium 904.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 28.5 g