Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Request: "A co-worker of mine would like to get the recipe for Sour Cream Lemon Pie that was prepared by the Orchards' Restaurants here in northern Minnesota. Thank you."
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon, rind of
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- In a heavy saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, lemon rind, lemon juice and egg yolks and milk.
- Cook on medium heat until thick, stirring constantly.
- Add butter and let mixture cool to room temperature. Stir in sour cream and pour filling into pie shell.
- Cover with whipped cream.
- Store in refrigerator.
- "From Simple Meals (Lively50)" - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Yum cool tastes just right
I remember Orchard's Restaurant, and this pie. It is very close to what I remember. Be careful not to cool the custard for too long or it will be difficult to make a smooth mixture when adding the sour cream. I will make this pie again and again. Thanks!!!
Followed the recipe and directions exactly. My husband LOVES lemon meringue pie, but I can never get it right, so I decided to try this one instead and he said it was BETTER then lemon meringue! This will be a keeper. Thank you