Prep 10 mins
Cook 56 hrs 5 mins
Velvety lemony taste.
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 9 in.baked pastry shell
- In a medium saucepan mix together sugar and cornstarch .
- Whisk in the milk .
- When smooth whisk in the yolks and blend well .
- Place over medium heat and cook, stirring constantly for 5 minutes or until a thick custard forms .
- Don't let it come to a boil .
- Stir in the sour cream, butter, lemon peel and juice .
- Cool and pour into the pie shell.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours , up to 2 days .