Top Review by Haftalaf
This soup is superb. Not enough lemon so I added lime juice also. Didn't have mint but can imagine that it would be a great addition. Will add the mint in future makings. This will be in my rotation since it's simple yet tastes like you put in lots more effort. If you like foods with an "ethnic" flavor, I think you'll also enjoy this soup.
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cumin seed
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine broth, beans, garlic, turmeric and cumin in large saucepan, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Whisk eggs and lemon juice until well-blended.
- Gradually whisk 2 cups soup into egg mixture.
- Return to saucepan.
- Stir over medium-low heat until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- (Do not boil.).
- Add cayenne.
- Season with salt.
- Ladle into bowls, sprinkle with mint.