Light and lemony with the perfect touch of sweetness. I have modified an old recipe from Sunset magazine to be somewhat less in Calories and Sodium.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, soda, and salt.
- 2Separate egg yolks from whites.
- 3Blend buttermilk mix with small amount of water in measure cup. When.
- 4lumps disappear, add remaining water and stir. Pour into flour mixture.
- 5and stir to blend.
- 6In a small bowl, whisk together egg yolks, buttermilk, lemon peel, lemon.
- 7juice and 2 tblsp melted butter.
- 8In a deep bowl with mixer on high speed, whip egg whites until they hold.
- 9stiff, moist peaks.
- 10Pour buttermilk mixture into flour and blend.
- 11Add egg whites to flour mixture and fold gently to blend.
- 12In a small sauce pan on low heat, add remaining 2 tblsp of unsalted.
- 13butter, maple syrup and blueberries until warm and butter has melted.
- 14On a buttered hot griddle ovr medium heat, pour batter in 1/3 cup.
- 15portions without touching. Cook until bubbles begin to appear at sides.
- 16and turn over. Keep warm and repeat process for remaining batter.
- 17Serve pancakes with heated blueberry and maple syrup over top.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Souffle Pancakes With Blueberry Maple Syrup
Serving Size: 1 (217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 574.5
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 124.2 mg
- Sodium 673.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 100.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 47.1 g
- Protein 10.6 g