Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Light and lemony with the perfect touch of sweetness. I have modified an old recipe from Sunset magazine to be somewhat less in Calories and Sodium.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, soda, and salt.
- Separate egg yolks from whites.
- Blend buttermilk mix with small amount of water in measure cup. When.
- lumps disappear, add remaining water and stir. Pour into flour mixture.
- and stir to blend.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg yolks, buttermilk, lemon peel, lemon.
- juice and 2 tblsp melted butter.
- In a deep bowl with mixer on high speed, whip egg whites until they hold.
- stiff, moist peaks.
- Pour buttermilk mixture into flour and blend.
- Add egg whites to flour mixture and fold gently to blend.
- In a small sauce pan on low heat, add remaining 2 tblsp of unsalted.
- butter, maple syrup and blueberries until warm and butter has melted.
- On a buttered hot griddle ovr medium heat, pour batter in 1/3 cup.
- portions without touching. Cook until bubbles begin to appear at sides.
- and turn over. Keep warm and repeat process for remaining batter.
- Serve pancakes with heated blueberry and maple syrup over top.