Recipe by **Mandy**
I have a fascination with sweet omelettes at the moment and this one I found on Delia online. This is gorgeous, I really enjoyed it.
- 1 large lemon, juice and zest of, grated
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 1 -2 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1⁄2 ounce butter
- brandy (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- First of all, add the lemon rind and juice to the egg yolks, together with the sugar, and whisk until the mixture is slightly thick and creamy.
- Now start to melt the butter in the frying pan and turn the heat on the grill to its highest setting.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff, then using a metal spoon lightly and quickly fold them into the yolks.
- Now pour the lot on to the foaming butter, then fold and stir a bit to prevent anything sticking to the bottom. After about 10 seconds, place the pan under the grill, so that the top can brown nicely.
- Serve immediately straight from the pan.
- If you like to make it slightly more spectacular you can warm a small ladle and pour brandy into it. Set light to the brandy, then carry your omelette to the table, pouring the lighted brandy over just before you get there.