Recipe by katie in the UP
When I think of Kiwi, New Zealand comes to mind. This recipe came from my Cooking Light 15 minute Cook book!
Top Review by Roxygirl in Colorado
I served this over pineapple sherbet since I couldn't find the lemon sorbet. It was very good, but it didn't quite satisfy my sweet tooth. I'm going to try a tangier tasting sorbet(even if I can't find lemon), maybe mango. I think that would have more of a contrast than the sherbet and is what the recipe intended! Roxygirl Roxygirl
- 311.84 g can mandarin oranges in light syrup, undrained
- 4.92 ml cornstarch
- 2 kiwi fruits, peeled and sliced
- 709.77 ml fat free lemon sorbet
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain oranges, reserving juice; set oranges aside.
- Combine juice and cornstarch in a small saucepan over med high heat. Bring to boil; reduce heat to med, and cook 1 minute or until thickened. Place saucepan in a bowl of ice; let stand 5 minutes or until cool, stirring often.
- Stir in oranges and kiwi.
- Spoon 1/2 cup sorbet into each of 6 dessert bowls. Spoon fruit sauce evenly over sorbet.