Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Lemon lovers unite!!!
- In a saucepan over high heat, stir as you bring the water and sugar just to a boil; stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove saucepan from burner and let mixture cool.
- Add sugar syrup, lemon juice and lemon rind to a blender; process until smooth.
- Cover and chill 2 hours.
- Pour mixture into the container of a 1-gallon ice cream maker.
- Freeze by following the manufacturer's directions.
i found this to be really sweet and pretty slushy. I think that perhaps I should have reduced the sugar and increased the lemon juice and water. (As backwards as that sounds, the higher the sugar to water ratio, the more slushy the mixture will be because sugar is what prevents the water from freezing hard.)
I found this sorbet to be excellent. However, I might respecfully suggest that the author review the Servings section. It shows this recipe producing a 1/2 gallon (2 quarts). I couldn't figure out how 4-1/2 cups (1-1/4 pints of liquid) could possibly produce that much sorbet no matter how much air was whipped into it. Well, it can't. I ended up doubling the amounts on my second go round and actually produced 1/2 gallon in my 2 quart Cuisinart ice cream maker. Minor quibble.
easy and great tasting.