Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Lemon lovers unite!!!
Top Review by fluffymoonhair
i found this to be really sweet and pretty slushy. I think that perhaps I should have reduced the sugar and increased the lemon juice and water. (As backwards as that sounds, the higher the sugar to water ratio, the more slushy the mixture will be because sugar is what prevents the water from freezing hard.)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan over high heat, stir as you bring the water and sugar just to a boil; stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove saucepan from burner and let mixture cool.
- Add sugar syrup, lemon juice and lemon rind to a blender; process until smooth.
- Cover and chill 2 hours.
- Pour mixture into the container of a 1-gallon ice cream maker.
- Freeze by following the manufacturer's directions.