Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This will kick you taste buds in the butt! Very tangy and yum. I use a melon baller to scoop it out of the container and put it in very small bowls as you don't need much. If you have a thing for sour then you'll love this. You can try other citrus fruits instead of lemons.
- Make sure lemons have been washed.
- Put sugar and water in a saucepan and bring to the boil, stirring occasionally until sugar is just dissolved.
- Use a vegetable peeler and peel the rind off the lemons and put the rind into the pan.
- Simmer for 2 minutes without stirring,take off heat and leave to cool, then chill in fridge.
- Squeeze juice from lemons and add to chilled syrup in saucepan.
- Strain into a jug and chill again in fridge.
- Put into ice cream maker and churn until thick (or you can use beaters if you don't have ice cream machine).
- Add egg white and churn 10 to 15 minutes until firm enough to scoop.
- Put sorbet into freezer container and put plastic wrap on top to prevent ice forming, put lid n container and put in freezer, use within a month.
Excellent. Easy to make and very lemony. I used some of the lemon rind as garnish on the sorbet.